Wednesday 25 March 2009

Who would distribute it?

I looked in detail at the four different types of marketing / distribution companies which control most of the UK's market in music magazines. These were IPO, Conde Nast, Future PLC and Bauer. I already ruled out Bauer as I felt that it had to much of a mainstream feel to it. Another company I ruled out very quickly was Future PLC. I felt that it had a far too specific choice music magazine collection. out of the finale two left I decided that IPO would not be write to distribute my music magazine as it had, again, to many mainstream music magazines. I would have chosen it if there had not been Conde Nast. I felt that Conde Nast represented magazines that were a lot like mine. I felt that it would have been a company that would have been interested in distributing my magazine as it already had magazines that were big-named and aimed at large target audiences under its name. Magazines such as GQ and Vogue . Both these magazines attract massive target audiences. Another reason I chose Conde Nast is that Conde Nast publishes many high quality magazines. I feel that my magazine would be high quality so would fit in well with the portfolio they already have. The only doubt I would have with them is that they seem to be represent a lot of male and female specific magazines. This might mean that they find it difficult for them to target a magazine which does not have a heavily single gender audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment