Wednesday 25 March 2009

Who is it for?

I wanted to create a music magazine that could represent a large range of social groups. By looking at magazines such as Q, I saw that they had picked out the Indy rock social group and had aimed their music, advertising and finally feel of the magazine directly at them. I wanted my magazine to be read by as many people as I could so that it would be able to work well in the market gap I had aimed it for. Therefore I decided that I should aim it at Alternative rock / dance social groups. These are the two primary genres of music that my magazine was aimed at for the issue i had created. Ultimately if the magazine was in production full time I would want the social groups to alter each month as the different genres of music are represented. I think this would be a very interesting way in which to alter the social group representation.

No comments:

Post a Comment