Wednesday 25 March 2009

Technology lessons...

I have learnt a lot about different computer technologies whilst making the magazine. Before I started creating the magazine I had a very basic knowledge of Photoshop, Indesign and Adobe Ilustrator. To create the look for my images I needed to use Photoshop heavily to edit them. To do this I got help from experts and then practiced at home by downloading a trial version of Photoshop. I can now take the background out of a image which is an very difficult procedure on Photoshop.

I can also edit the basic look of a photo with fills and adjustment layers. Evidence of this can be found on the deconstruction of photo manipulation in my scrapbook on page's 37, 38 and 39. I have learnt from making a magazine front cover on Indesign the ways in which magazine front covers are constructed and the difficulties that can be encountered and then the ways in which to solve those problems. One example of this, which I encountred was how to get an image into indesign from another program or saved place. I found that I needed to use the PLACE tool. The place tool enables me to find images from other places on the computer and put them into my front page with out the high resolution or quality being lost. This was very important to me when placing images in my pages.

I used Indesign to create all three of my production pieces as it is the industry standard for making magazine pages. I found that it was very good at creating layouts and changing them too.





I also found it good for creating layouts, which for my magazine was very important to the professional so that it fitted well into my alternative magazine genre. An example of me finding it useful for creating layouts, was when I was creating my contents page. It uses lots of lines and different shapes to make it look ineresting and different.







As you can see it uses lots of lines and shapes to create an interesting look to the page. I also rounded off the photo edges so that it did not look difficult to look at with sharp corners.
I also used Adobe Illustrator to create my masthead and some of the fonts I used through out my magazine. I created the Masthead on this programme as I felt that I had much more flexibility in creating mastheads on this programme. I was able to increase the size and weight of text easily and also change the colour as well if i wanted to. I was also able to to change the space between letters.


Altogether I think that from the beginning of starting the coursework until the end of the production process, I have learnt a lot about how Photoshop and Indesign work, and essential skills in using both the programmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment